Hair Color Care Tips
Finding the perfect hair color that enhances your own natural beauty is a great feeling. So, now that you’ve taken the time to find the most flattering shade of hair color for your unique style, you’re going to want to use some hair color care tips
to hold on to it. There are some steps you can take to keep your new hair color looking shiny and vibrant for as long as possible.
Hair that’s been treated with color needs a different type of care than hair without any applied color treatment. Whether you’ve gone darker or lighter, or added highlights or lowlights, color treated hair has extra special needs. The last thing you want after paying good money for a hair color process is for the color to fade and dull and appear lifeless over time.
Hair color experts agree on several basic hair color tips for maintaining shiny, lustrous, healthy hair after it’s been color treated. Just follow these simple tips from Scottsdale colorist extraordinaire Rodney Gentry
to preserve your hair's straight-from-the-salon color as long as possible:
- Water is hair color’s nemesis - For at least 2 days post hair color application, give the color time to set and don’t wash your hair. Water draws color out of hair so each day you forego washing is another day the color you invested in gets to stay.
- Stay away from heat - Heat styling with blow-dryers, straighteners and curling irons roughs up the hair cuticle and dulls hair color. The same goes for hot water, so only wash color treated hair with lukewarm water.
- Use color-enhancing and color-protecting shampoos and conditioners as well as leave-in conditioners to seal in color.
- Shield your hair from the sun - UV rays can damage the protein structure of color-treated hair as well as cause the color to fade.
Located at Sachi Studio's in Scottsdale, Rodney Gentry is a full-service designer specializing in hair color treatments that produce healthy, shiny, naturally beautiful hair every time. Call 480.639.2000
to make an appointment today. You will love the results!
- See more at: http://www.rodneygentry.com/hair-color-care-tips.html#sthash.a2t88o3y.dpuf